The latest posts from A Matter Of Preparedness
Making Raspberry Jam with Clear Jel:
Mix the dry ingredients to the heated berry mixture slowly. Bring to a boil.
Would you like the Recipe?
1/4 cup lemon juice
7 tablespoons Clear Jel®
Sugar to taste (approximately 1 1/2 cup)
Add lemon juice to berries. Combine Clear Jel® with 1/4 cup of the sugar. Add to berries. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add rest of sugar. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour into jars, leaving 1/4” headspace. Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath or freeze.
Take Home Points:
- Clear Jel is shelf stable and according to my research lasts indefinitely. Compare that with traditional products that are used to make jam.
- Jam recipes calling for Clear Jel often use nearly half of the sugar that traditional jam recipes call for.
- When added to dry ingredients, it mixes well and give the jam a wonderful consistency.
- This is a simple recipe that does not take a lot of time.
- Rooster Senior has already polished off one jar. Rooster Junior took a jar, and I have 2 to the neighbors already. The magic or jam brings smiles to all those who receive it!
Where do you purchase Clear Jel?
Rating 1 star lowest, 5 stars highest
Click stars to vote for A Matter Of Preparedness